Thursday, February 1, 2007

Finally, I have something to say.

I have not posted in a few days because I feel like my life has been so uneventful that I don't want to bore you with the stories about the weather! : )

This week has been strange. Work is slow this week and there are all kinds of prospects / projects on the horizon, but it is hard to get excited until they actually happen.

I am finding a lot of family and friends are taking time out of their crazy lives to say Why? What the heck am I doing? I also have done this recently. It has been a time of profound thought. Making priorities, listing likes and dislikes, strengths and weaknesses- and formulating a plan to conquer the ultimate goal: Happiness. Not that I am not happy, but I could use a bit of revamping in a lot of areas. Now that I have done all of this "thinking" and have taken time to learn about me it is a matter of what to do with that knowledge. I guess you start with the "quick wins." The things you can change immediately and then start planning and strategizing about the rest. Step one for me was to fire the cleaning lady and instead of paying for that service, pay for a membership to the gym. The cleaning lady really did some awful work in the end. Her work angered me more than helped and then I felt robbed that she took my money after doing such poor work. I am almost through week two at the gym and am already feeling better- and the cleaning is under control. The other quick win: clearing my schedule. Deciding that things can wait and it is ok to stay home Fri and Sat. night if we want to. I have had two very relaxing weekends in a row since we did not try to exhaust ourselves. I am organizing things around the house (which makes me very happy- a Bettyism) and planning for the future. I am tired of running around so quickly that I can't stop to think about tomorrow never mind next week or year. So now I am slowing down for a minute to plan for a successful future. The last quick win: Stop spending money on unnecessary things and save! When you put your mind to it you can really save a fortune! Truthfully.

There are many other quick wins on the horizon as well as some potentially major changes (For those of you who are more distant NO WORRIES MW and I are very happy together). I am feeling confident and excited that this year is going to be better than ever!
Thanks to everyone who has listened and those who have shared there thoughts on life and "the pursuit of happiness!"

Have a great day everyone.

4 comments:

MSB said...

Love you T... can't wait to see you!

Childress Family said...

I wish you all the best in your planning and reaching your new goals!

jill said...

It's never easy looking at the things we want to change in our lives, but always rewarding in the end. Lots of love and support to you as you forge ahead!!
~~I finally saw "Pursuit of Happyness" and it was FABULOUS!!

TW said...

I still have not seen Pursuit of Happiness, but want to. You know the guy that the movie is about worked at BS for a while.