Friday, February 16, 2007

A long weekend is upon me.

I am happy to announce that it is FRIDAY!
We had a tough week here in NYC. The snow storm that was predicted turned out to be more of a ice and slush storm. The commute on Wednesday was terrible with ice coming down heavily and slippery streets and sidewalks. I made the commute safely while my cooper waited safely in the garage for the storm to be over. MW dropped me off and picked me up at the bus stop with the Volvo for two days. We are so thankful for that vehicle and how well it handles in ice and snow. Coop was taken out of the garage this morning for the first time since Tuesday night. The clean up around here is slow and all of the slush on the ground is rock hard at this point. I can walk on top of it all. It is so darn cold here that nothing is melting.
Anyway, I was planning a trip to MA this weekend to visit my Mom, but am now wavering on whether or not to go. I would love to see my Mom, but it is four hours of driving each way. MW can not go since he has to work on Monday and I am not sure I want to make that journey alone in this sort of weather. I think I am opting to stay home- but feeling badly that I am not going to see my mom. If I am here this weekend we have a welcome home party for my sisters boyfriend who just returned from 4 months in Argentina.
I will charge the batteries in the camera this weekend and make sure I get some photos of our uneventful life to post on the blog.

2 comments:

Childress Family said...

Enjoy the long weekend..whatever you end up doing!

Anonymous said...

Whatever you do, keep warm. PJW, and Aunt K are going with me to Myrtle Beach. We leave tomorrow after we go to a builder's auction in the A.M.
We have "dog sitters" coming to the house. I hope it works out.
Have a great weekend. AW