Thursday, February 8, 2007

Patching things up

Bailey has two mild ear infections. But, the vet sort of bugged me. She tried to sell me a bunch of preventative care medicine for him last night and it made me wonder if he really has ear infections or if she wanted my money. They automatically tacked on to my bill heart worm medicine and frontline- two things I was not there for. I have both items already and had them removed, but found it a bit odd that she was trying to push so many products. It is hard to tell with Bailey if he is sick, his ears were dirty and stinky, but he was not scratching or shaking much. He occasionally shakes, but what dog doesn't? Either way he is getting medicated. I think he could use a good cleaning up-

The hole in the hall wall is patched. I will take a look tonight and see what the progress is or is not. I did not even check the garage last night. It is so darn cold that I went in the house as fast as possible.

Nothing else is new. Heading to gym this evening- Starting to see results!

Oh- By the way- I got hit in the head by a pigeon yesterday walking to work! I hate those darn things. It flew right into me. All day I was grossed out that I had pigeon in my hair. Yuck. Dirty, diseased, flying rats!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was 6 years old when I saw a pigeon land on my grandma's head at the Wisconsin State Fair. She was traumatized and so was I. To this day I dislike pigeons.

Ear infections are tricky, but the odor and slimey brown gunk are "Sure Signs" that he does indeed have one.
Cleaning solutions really do help in prevention once the infection is treated with antibiotics.
Daisy has been prone to these since she was a pup.

Have a goood weekend.
AW

Anonymous said...

That is crazy Baliey was at the Vet yesterday, Hunter had to go to the Vet all day yesterday too for a prostate infection. He is doing ok now. I guess it was not a good day for Chocolate Labs :(