Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Schnee!

Or is it shnee? Either way it is coming! Our first snow storm of the year. Poughkeepsie is predicted to get a foot plus of snow while we will probably only get about 5 inches. We will see.

This morning was an interesting walk- much of the same and a little of the extraordinary. First there was the lady on the bus. She was putting on her make-up. OK, not that strange, but then she dropped her blush brush on the bus floor. After causing a scene trying to pick it up she continued to put on her blush! Yuck. Then she penciled her eyebrows and put on red lipstick followed by pink gloss. She left with a TON of make-up on. (And elbowing me as she exited)
Once off of the bus it was much of the same- the slew of homeless people, talking to themselves, arguing, sitting quietly- no matter what they do it breaks my heart. I am sure the Port Authority will be packed with homeless people hiding in corners tonight hoping the police do not kick them out onto the cold snowy street.
Once on the street I made my usual pass by Good Morning America- Outside was one of the show hosts and protecting him was a black lab. I see the lab often and I always smile. He is there for protection, but anyone who has a lab knows how harmless they are! Sometimes Bailey and Sam play this game with each other while they are wrestling where they make faces and show there teeth. I always think they are practicing- "Was that one scary? How about this one?" And each face Bailey makes- even when he shows his teeth makes me laugh at how harmless he is.
Onward down the street I saw the usual pigeons and thought about how gross they are and then continued on. I soon reached my building and remembered that the walk is the most interesting part of the day.

I did take a few boring photos last night. I will see if I can get MW to send them over and I will post them a little later.

No comments: