Wednesday, November 29, 2006

While I was sleeping...

While I was catching up on some much needed sleep my husband rearranged the living room furniture and assembled our Christmas tree. It now proudly stands in our bay window. Luckily, a few years ago we purchased a tree with lights already on it, so it is not completely naked. I am getting excited for the holidays and am really looking forward to decorating.

On a different note - I have been feeling badly leaving the dogs alone for such long days so I located a dog walker (http://www.petwatchersnj.com/services.html ) our area. When I told the husband he said he thought it was a waste of money since we take them out in the morning and evening and play with them then. The cost is 18 dollars a walking for the two of them. I am not sure how long of a walk it is. I am thinking 30 minutes or so. The other thing is that if we go away they do house visits and will take care of the pets while we are gone, so we would have a back up option so i don't always have to put out the sister or neighbors. I was thinking it was justifiable to have them walked two days a week to break up the week. Mind you they go out around 6am and then our home alone from 6:45 - at least 7pm on most days. That is a super long day of loneliness for a dog. What do you guys think I should do? 36 dollars a week? or no?

6 comments:

MSB said...

Totally worth it... poor Sam and Bailey... Rufus goes nuts if we leave him alone for longer than a few hours... granted, his bladder is the size of a pea!

Anonymous said...

Initially I agreed with your husband that it would be a lot of money, but if you are only doing it twice a week, that's not too bad. I propose this option... Do it on a trial basis. If the dogs seem to enjoy it and are better behaved, and if you can trust the person in your house (see KGB's story) then it might well be worth the money. Tell MW that I said hey. You guys still need to come visit, I think Rufus misses you and your husband and I need to be put in charge of "babysitting" again.

jill said...

I would do it if you think you can afford it. It'll be good for the dogs morale. But more importantly, it will put your mind at ease. I think the trial basis idea is a great one!!

MSB said...

Babysitting... does that mean drinking 3 bottles of wine and watching movies... I seem to remember them doing that the last time they "babysat"!

TW said...

Babysitting has never been so much fun!

Anonymous said...

If it will make you feel better about the current situation I say spend the money to have peace of mind for yourself and added happiness for the doggies. When I do spend money on things like that, I always cut out something else, like eating out one less time or something like it. The it will even out and it will be like you are not spending more. I have 2 labs too so of course I think it is a great idea! They are family!