Friday, November 24, 2006

Here he is

One thing this blog lacks is family photos. I am aware of the problem, and working to solve it. Since the husband and I are apart for the week I received a few photos of what is going on in the south. I was happy to see that the husband is relaxing since he works too hard on most days. So, here he is at his best - relaxing on a swing with dad.

It appears that they had better weather for the holiday then I did - It poured extremely cold rain all day yesterday. The Mini was challenged by a few floods on the ride to my sisters house. I even checked for water in the car after one of the lakes I went through, but cooper did me proud! She was a champ, didn't even sputter or kick.

Christmas is going to be at our house this year. I plan to decorate the house next weekend. I am really looking forward to it. We have not decorated for Christmas since 2003. In '04 we were apart and in '05 we were living out of suitcases, so this year is certain to be festive around the house. I can't wait to see all of the things I have collected from the Weinachts Markts again! I really miss the markets. I actually saw a couple of markets in NYC set up in parks that remind me a little of them. I am going to check them out. I am sure there will not be Gluwein, but luckily I still have a little stashed from Germany.

1 comment:

MSB said...

Your post made me tear up... I miss German Christmas so much. There is nothing like it in the world! I love getting out all of our stuff from Germany and remembering how beautiful it is at Christmas time...
It also made me miss you so much! And, Savannah had on one of the H&M outfits from you... it was an all around miss Tricia day!