Friday, November 24, 2006

Black Friday

While most of the world battles the malls today fighting for a sale I am stuck in the office. I new that I would be working today for a while, but the bitterness did not come until early this week. On my short ride to the bus stop this morning I saw a flurry of shoppers carrying their bargains out of Kohl's and Bed Bath and Beyond. I looked on with envy wishing I were going somewhere fun. I waited for the bus an unreasonable amount of time and when I did finally get on it there was not the usual crowd of business dressed people. There was me and them. The others were wearing jeans riding happily into the city to frolic in the holiday season. I walked to the office passing shoppers carrying large toys r us bags and all sorts of other bargain filled bags. I ont he other hand was rushing through the streets as usual because I thought I was running late. I arrived apparently early because I was the first arrival in the office. For a split second I thought nobody told me...I shouldn't be here. After about ten minutes or so another co-worker arrived. I have been here an hour now, and the remaining five members of the team are nowhere to be found. The boss emailed he is going to be late- I wish I could do that and the rest- who knows. I am here, feeling like a hostage, hoping for freedom before sundown. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

MSB said...

Jeff and his dad braved the 5am shopping... crazy... but, Jeff is now the PROUD owner of a 37 inch flat HD flat screen.

TW said...

Caution, they are addicting. We have two and are looking at a third. They are nice - especially hanging on the wall, but they dent the wallet pretty good.