Monday, November 27, 2006

Unfortunately / Fortunately : )

The computer was not working with me the last few days, so unfortunately I have not been able to update. Fortunately, not much excitement has occurred to report.

Saturday morning I ran around shopping. I really enjoyed the mall at 7am. There was nobody there. It was relaxing and enjoyable. By 10:30 that had all ended. I was home by noon with a lot of Christmas shopping accomplished. I managed to pull off all of the shopping for the husband, so that is a relief. I got home and took a nice long nap.

I did pull out my sewing things with a bit of a crash in the closet.It has been a long while since I have looked in this box. As I was going through the bin of "stuff" I found a bottle of wine. It was funny because this has been happening to us since we moved. The movers in Germany did not want to ship our wine so we hid a great deal of it. Every so often a bottle pops up. So, to my surprise I found a bottle of wine in my sewing box. - I have material I purchased a while ago and would like to start a new quilt. So, my question is to the mama as to how I make "her style" quilt with the inside out look. If you could provide instructions I would like to try your technique. Thanks~
I did do a little sewing this weekend and it felt good to look in the craft box.

On a separate note, a very bad thing happened in my neighborhood this weekend. Someone bought and placed outside of their home a giant gift with Santa Claus popping out of it! Yes, it is true, I now have a blow up thing in my neighborhood. I am not sure what to do about this...

Yesterday, I spent the day with my sister helping her move some clothing from my house to hers. It was a pretty uneventful day, which in my book is a good day. I quickly wrapped the husbands gifts last night before I picked him up at the airport, so he would not "accidentally" see what I bought him. I did not feel like wrapping gifts, but I don't have the hiding spaces I once did, so it seemed like the best option.

So, the husband is home and we are back to the grind. Hopefully, we will be heading to the army navy football game this weekend in Philadelphia. Otherwise, it will be operation decorate for Christmas.

6 comments:

KBG said...

Sounds like you've been a busy little bee. I so miss malls.....

MSB said...

I will copy and send the pattern in the mail... or, if I can convince the Dada I will scan and send them on his computer (he swears that law school requires the scanner be hooked to his computer). It is called a rag quilt if you feel like looking on the internet.
I, so far have avoided the blow-ups. I did buy pathway lights that are big christmas lights. But, they are very uniform and so cute! I will post a picture when I get it all set up!

jill said...

Both houses on the corner have an explosion of tacky decorations happening. A minimum of 3, 6ft blow-up figures each and enough lights to read by in the dead of night. I felt a little guilty this morning when a huge grin spread across my face to see that someone (not me, honest!) had come by an deflated all the figures. If only I knew who to thank...

TW said...

You know, where we used to live all of the inflatables would be deflated during the day to save electricity. You may find that this happens every day and each night they are standing strong again. Please send a photo! I am going to start a collection of tacky lawn items.

Anonymous said...

I really hope you can make it to Philly! I think we have 2 extra tickets. We will know for sure today sometime and Trip will call Mark. Oh- join the club with lawn decorations. My neighborhood is mostly younger couples with younger kids who love the C'mas lawn ornaments. From my front livingroom window I can see a Grinch and Snowman at least 9 feet tall!

Childress Family said...

Our neighborhood also has plenty of blow-ups. The list includes a snow globe, a santa, some reindeer, and yesterday on our walk Anna and I saw Santa and his sleigh on someone's roof...putting a blow-up on your roof? Now that's dedication! I love your blog, BTW!