Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Stay awake

I will not fall asleep in my office chair. I will stay awake until I get home, and I will make it back to work in a few hours. It is currently 1:30am and I have been in the same building for over 17 hours without going outside. I have only left the 5th floor once for lunch. The kicker- I have a near hour ride home since they closed the Lincoln Tunnel until 5am for construction (unless I am going home after 5am which is not completely out of the question). My alarm for morning goes off at 5:50am. I am wondering if I will still be here, and if so what I will do. Do I wash my face? I doubt I have any make up left on at this point anyway. Do I pretend that I am wearing a new outfit? What about my teeth? I really want to go crawl in my bed. I have spurts of being very busy, and then the waiting time when I start to feel as though I am falling asleep only to realize where I am. And it is only MONDAY!

No comments: