Monday, November 27, 2006

The NJ Family

There has been a lot of discussion on this blog about my sister and many of you do not have the priviledge of knowing her. The history is that we shared a room for 15 years and then lived distant from each other for ten plus more. We were reunited last spring when my sister purchased a home in NJ to be near us. She stayed with us for much of the summer and when we are together it is like we were never separated. She is my partner in crime. Here we are one summer night out on a rooftop bar.
When my sister came to town she did not want me to set her up with anyone. Anyone I ever tried to set her up with was of no interest to her. So, when I met a couple in the development who happened to have a twin brother who was single I was a little hesitant to make the match. I strategically planned "the set up" and after a little resistance she agreed to meet him. The rest is history. Here we are enjoying the summer across the Hudson from NYC. I really love this photo with the cloudy sky and the beautiful skyline. We had just feasted on Mexican food. This was prior to our summer vacation to Mexico. We have still not eaten Mexican since that trip, but when you visit this place is worth going to for fajitas!We were fortunate to move into a new community of young people and have made some great friends as a result. It is not nearly as easy to make friends outside of the military community, but we are making our way.

1 comment:

KBG said...

I'm so jealous! I wish I could live near my sister again. Maybe one day. Until then it'll be daily telephone calls.