Monday, November 20, 2006

Mondays...

I haven't gotten this whole blogging thing down just yet. I had a post last night with photos that I somehow managed to delete and I was too frustrated to start over again. This is a learning process.

So, the temperature finally dropped here on Saturday making it feel a little more like the holiday season. It has been very warm here making it seem silly to see holiday decorations. I think it is still a little too early for Christmas decorations personally, but there are some people that live across from our development that feel differently. I have to photograph it to share with you. There is more junk in this person's yard then house. They have Santa, carolers, reindeer, a nativity, snowman, and other non holiday related lawn ornaments. It is rather amusing (as long is it is not in my neighborhood). I actually have a huge problem with lawn ornaments. I don't like them. If anyone in our development tries to put up an inflatable Santa this year... A photo of this neighbors house will follow.

No excitement here. My sister is supposed to close on her new place tomorrow. I am hoping for her it happens. In the mean time we have little Romeo back on freedom lane. He loves playing with the big dogs! I don't think any of them realize the size difference. It is pretty entertaining watching them run around together, but it often gets to be a little too much in the house.

6 comments:

MSB said...

Hey now... no ripping on the inflatable lawn ornaments... we have a Halloween one. It was a gift from the girls' Mimi. And, Livi now wants the carousel Christmas one. Kids like them and I love seeing my kids happy!
Your ideas of what constitute good decorations change when you have kids, trust me...
I am going from a house filled with candels and really expensive (ie breakable) holiday things, to the Hallmark singing snowman and the Little People Nativity... all things that can get broke with out me having to cry!
This is what happens when you have a two year old, a 10 month old and a 7 month old living at your house. I am considering putting a fence around the tree!

KBG said...

I'm so with you on the lawn inflatables thing (sory MB). There were TONS of them in Belvoir - actually tons in the whole DC area. The DJ we used to listen to on the way to class in the morning would try to encourage people to go out with a bb gun and eliminate some of them. I don't know if anyone ever did...

TW said...

I like the BB Gun Idea. I will just have to be a mean mommy. I can't stand those blow up things. Last year our neighborhood was full of them and during the day they would shut them off and there would be dead santas everywhere! How do you think that makes a kid feel?

jill said...

Definitely not a fan of the lawn decor, but you can get some great laugh value from them!! Especially the (giant)blow-up ones that begin to lose air and morph into strange shapes and poses. There's nothing like an 8foot snowman bent backward as if it has been shot at the OK Corral!!

MSB said...

I never said I liked them... I am a big fan of a perfect house... all the lights the same size, facing the same direction, following all the eaves of the house... I don't like blinking or chasing lights and I hate it when people put random staples in the string and literally "string" them with gaps...
But, like I said, I love seeing Livi happy! So, bring on the blow-up Santa... and, she has a fiber optic tree in her room that her Mimi bought her... not a fan, but it makes her so happy!

TW said...

Are we all picking on the mama? I know your style and it makes me laugh to think that you have a blow up santa because you probably cringe on the inside over it! No worries. We still love you.