Monday, January 15, 2007

Stranded Y'all

So, our three day trip has been extended. The weather across the Eastern US is not allowing us to go home tonight. I had planned a late afternoon flight home and the flight was canceled. So, we leave early tomorrow morning and will run to work- a hectic day is upon us.

We had a great trip. Wonderful weather would be an understatement. 70 and sunny was the norm this weekend. We went to the Sarah Evans concert which was great the night we arrived. Saturday we went to the Childress Vineyard!! Childress' I don't know if there is any relation, but you must go visit- it is really a great place and seeing you name everywhere would be pretty cool. I was impressed. Here are a few shots from our lunch and wine tasting



Yesterday we enjoyed the beautiful weather. No photos since we spent the day out doors looking at new homes in the development and relaxing. It was a truly peaceful day. We have had much needed "quiet" here.

Today we intended on leaving. We went to the Y this morning and I swam laps. I have not done this since college and I forgot how much I love it, and now remember how I got this big back! My shoulders and back are already sore. I swam just over a mile today. I have been saying for some time how much I want to swim again, but today really made me determined to join a club. It did not feel like exercise swimming. I find it so relaxing. No foot pain etc. We came back packed our bags and realized that our flight was cancelled. Our only option was to fly to Michigan and then Newark, but the weather forecast in Michigan was snow. So, I figured we would get stuck and have nowhere to go. So, we are on a direct flight tomorrow am. We went out for Thai lunch and went shopping and now are back here relaxing- well sort of. Wanish style relaxing which means there is a project going on. Pictures are being hung on the wall and there is Schelling Chaos. I have separated myself to update the blog and am going to go watch the golden globes and go to bed. Wish us luck with no delays tomorrow.

3 comments:

Childress Family said...

Childress vineyards? We'll have to look into that one. Glad you had a fun trip. Hope you make it to work on time. Sorry it didn't work out for you guys to come this way. Maybe next time.

Anonymous said...

You didn't watch the 2nd part of the "24" premiere? I know MW probably did! Nice pics from your trip.

MSB said...

It's almost your birthday!! Be on the lookout for your card... although it may be a bit late.