Monday, January 8, 2007

Monday Monday

It is a stinky Monday here in the city. http://edition.cnn.com/2007/US/01/08/nyc.odor/index.html
Changing out the text of a link only works for me some of the time, but if anyone is interested they can read about the mysterious smell.

We did some shopping over the weekend. I used a couple of gift cards from christmas and had a great time. After shopping we used a gift card to Ruth Chris steakhouse. It was great food and the night did not cost us much! Here are a few photos of my purchases:

Store 1: The pottery barn. I liked my table the way it was decorated before, but now I love it! One of my complaints about how the house ended up (decorating wise) was that I made it too modern. So, this helps put the traditional look back into the house. I also bought pillows that match the runner. That will help tie the two rooms together since they are open to each other. The wood bowl I love!


Store 2: Macy's Macy's was tricky- there are so many departments and choices, but I made my mind up before going in that i would go to the home section. I picked out some dishes- really some I had been eyeing for some tome. It is hard to justify new dishes when you already have plates, so a gift card made it easy. Here is one of the place settings. I chose white because it seems timeless.


I also took photos of the den and spare bedroom yesterday. I just need to shrink them to upload.

More photos later...

5 comments:

MSB said...

It has been awhile since I have told you how much I LOVE your dining room table!!

Anonymous said...

great pictures. Shopping for the house is fun.
I love Pier 1!

KBG said...

I'm with the mama - big fan of the dining room table. Where'd you get it?

Childress Family said...

Glad you survived the stink we all got to hear about. Hope MW's feeling better this week.

TW said...

The table was bought at Opti in Germany. The bad part is I have seen it in the USA. Here I am thinking it is special and then I walk into a store (domain I think) and there it is! The people in Opti ordered it and said it took so long since it was coming from SE Asia....(or maybe they meant the US?)