Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Jersey

Day 1 at the gym went very well. I am waiting for the pain to set in. As most of you know we live in Jersey- and for those of you who are fortunate enough to not know the stigma about Jersey boys and girls - consider yourself lucky and this a lesson. As a teenager and college student in MA Jersey boys you don't date, and girls- well they are different. So, we walk into the gym last night and there it was- JERSEY! Everywhere we looked there were girls with fake boobs, jewelry, make-up, nails done and exercising. It would be unfair to say it was the entire population, but it was an entertaining majority. Then, there were the guys! Most looked like they were on steroids and I can only hope they are not. Many short, but compensating with muscles- the only downfall was they can not pump up the size of their heads so some of them looked like beetle juice with all of their muscles in what was meant to be a smaller body. The other thing I noticed about all of these people, who to their defense were all working out very hard, is that many people were not drinking water. Instead, they had poland springs bottles with something that looked like iced tea in it. How is that for flushing out your system?

Not all of Jersey lives up to the stereotypes placed on it, but where I live...well that must have been where the stereotypes began...Did I mention that some guys lift in jeans and boots? Why?

OK - so this post may be truthful and humorous, but I do have a little guilt for talking about all of these people, but not too much to delete it! I know many of you will get a smile out of this.

I will pray for forgiveness later...

5 comments:

MSB said...

I did get a little smile... I am picturing every movie I know that supports this stereotype!
Here, we have Nascar clothing and meth mouth (aka no teeth, yuck!). I will trade you.

Anonymous said...

haha- that was funny. Although, I think I will stick with all the old retired people who drive huge mercedes with golf clubs in the back. Thanks for making me laugh.

jill said...

A smile and a chuckle!! Thanks! It reminds me of the ecclectic mix I see in my gym. Always entertaining!

Childress Family said...

Ahh Jersey...a veritable melting pot in and of itself. I'm proud you did show some restraint and didn't even start on the driving!

TW said...

I could have a blog just about this state, or better yet the trips to the gym. Last night was equally entertaining.