Friday, January 5, 2007

Book Review

So, I finished "Everyone worth knowing" over Christmas and I really enjoyed it. I recommend the light read. I have picked up and read some of "Living the Seven Habits." It is not exactly a page turner, but I am still going to continue to give it a look. My sister gave me Bergdorf Blondes a while ago and told me I have to read it. So, that is probably next. It is supposed to be funny. A perfect bus read. I do want to pick up Mayada, Daughter of Iraq again. I had read a quarter or so of it and it was very good, but then we moved and I put it down for too long. The author (Jean Sasson) visited Wurzburg and Rebecca Sinclair initially told me about her. She visited around the time 1ID came home from Iraq the first time and there were the rounds of seminars for commanders and spouses. If you were part of the "coffee club" you may recall this conversation. In this book she tells a true story of a woman living in Iraq in the early 90's. She has many others as well. Very interesting.

2 comments:

KBG said...

I read 'What Remains' over Christmas and it was a really good read - although a really sad story. Check it out if you get a chance (although the some of the beginning was a little rough, it picked up considerably).

Joanne and Deric said...

I am interested to see you read the 7 habits book. I did the 7 habits course a few weeks ago - I loved it. I was interested to see you’re so taken by it too..... Living the 7 habits is much harder though. I love your book reviews, I hate wasting my time with books I hope will be good!
Keep it coming.......
Chat to you guys soon,
Joanne