Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Happy New Year

Happy New Year Everyone!

It is hard to believe it is 2007! Crazy.

We ended up forgoing our plans to travel to NH this past weekend and opted to stay home. We were so tired from friends and family visiting that we really needed a minute to rest. Our New Years consisted of sitting on the couch and we could not have been happier about it! Next year we will do something exciting, but this year we were just happy to be awake at midnight.

I decided to dust off my sewing machine this weekend and pulled out some old material I bought for a quilt over two years ago. I tried something new - an inspiration from "the mama" and made a rag quilt. How to make a rag quilt(I did not make this "blossom" pattern quilt, but this is the idea). It was a lot more work than how I am used to quilting. I probably spent five hours cutting. In the end i am happy with the outcome, but am certain to go crazy pulling on the "ragged" edges. I am hesitant to post the quilt: Note: It is a baby quilt, but there is no baby! This will be the forth baby quilt I have made. So please do not jump to conclusions when you see it! Thanks. I have tried making quilts to give away, but in the end there is so much work that goes into them that I end up keeping them. So, I learned my lesson this time and know that this quilt will go in the pile of baby quilts for sisters or my own someday. There are all kinds of pressures from family members so I feel the need to stress this. Sorry to everyone else for the overkill on the topic.

On a different note, we have made two resolutions this year. One is to take better care of our bodies - be it nutrition, exercise, or mental health. The other is to save money. We got swept up in the new home and have not been saving like we should. So, we are now of frugal mind.

I will post photos soon of the newly completed den that we are spending ALL of our time in and the now infamous quilt.

Congratulations to JM on her engagement!

No comments: