Monday, December 11, 2006

A Santa Claus Convention

This morning was the typical hectic morning trying to get out the door and completely unprepared. You would think I would learn my lesson, but no matter how organized I think I am when morning arrives I have nothing to wear, my bag is a mess, and I can't find my car keys. Today was no different, so I left the house in a frenzy - angry at the world. I got on the bus and we hit all kinds of traffic, so I new I was going to be late. I was walking as quickly as I could...As I rounded the corner to enter Times Square I saw a sea of red and white. There was no mistaking it, it was hundreds of Santa's! As I got closer they were yelling (and I noticed that Mrs. Claus is lending a hand this year and dressing up as her other half. We must have a shortage of helpers) but I could not make out what it was. Finally, as I was in the sea of red I realized they were yelling many phrases, chanting, but one of them was YAHOO SANTA CLAUS! This went along with the little Yahoo flags they were holding. I have no idea what they were going to do, but I am guessing they will be all over the city today...

No comments: