Monday, December 4, 2006

The perfect gift

How many people are left on your Christmas list? How many of them are left because you don't know what to get them? A few years ago I was given a gift that I still think about. A goat. The goat was not given to me, but to a family in need in my name. You may remember the corny AFN commercial that said, "give me a fish and I have a meal, but teach me to fish..." Anyway, that is the concept. The link to one of the sites that sponsors this initiative is here: http://www.heifer.org/site/c.edJRKQNiFiG/b.204586/k.9430/Gift_Catalog.htm?msource=kw821&gclid=CPnsjNPE-YgCFRgfUAoduwUBvQ I don't know how to disguise the link to this site to make it not so long, but basically if you click here you can give a gift of bees or chicks for a mere $20.00, or you can give a pig or a sheep for $120.00. Check it out. I think it is a great thing to give a child to teach them about giving. I have not decided who is getting a farm animal this year yet, but I had to share this great concept. Even better is you can do this from online! No mall required.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats funny you wrote about this. I just got something at work incouraging me to give a goat, pig, etc. I think it is a great idea. Especially for people who do not need more "things" like me. I can always use clothes but I am maxing out on the nicknacks. How many candles do I need?!

TW said...

That is just it. 20 dollars can buy either a nice candle or chickens for a family. It is a no brainer!

KBG said...

To hide your link click on help in the top right corner while you're writing your post and search for hyperlink. The second topic that comes up gives you the proper html for encoding a link. Tell me if this was too confusing.

MSB said...

I think this is great. Sadly, the one person I have left to buy for probably wouldn't.

MSB said...

Oh, and Rachael Ray talked about this on her show yesterday.