Tuesday, December 12, 2006

I am going through the motions of another day. I made sure I knew where my keys were last night to make sure I did not have another morning like yesterday. I never leave the office during the day, but today I decided I needed an afternoon treat. So, I walked across the street to Starbucks and got my favorite: hot chocolate with skim milk and a marshmallow square. Of course I paid top dollar since I am in Manhattan. I love how all of the commercials around here say: "prices slightly higher in Manhattan" and the coupon books give the prices for NYC separately. What is 99 cents in Jersey is $1.49 in NYC. That is part of the reason I never go out at lunch.

Now that I have finished my snack...I hadn't when I first started writing. The marshmallow square and hot chocolate together are enough to put you in a sugar coma. Not feeling so well. It was glorious for a moment, but now I am rather ill. Lesson Learned.

Tonight MW and I are going to a Brazilian BBQ for dinner. I had never been to one before moving here. They are all you can eat places that have servers come around to your table with all kinds of meet BBQ'd on a stick. For a meat lover it is perfect. I enjoy it, but not like MW. This is like heaven for him. Between this place and Houston's MW is in heaven here. Personally, I miss the Luwenzahn. I am not sure if I spelled that right.

Tomorrow night we are supposed to get take out and make our gingerbread house. This will not be the project KBG described in her blog, but should be a good time. I have this really neat kit that has every candy imaginable in it to decorate with. I will post photos once this finally happens. I never thought it was odd until now that I am making a gingerbread house at twenty something years old. I like crafts...do I need a kid to do this? Hmmm. NO

I think I have babbled enough for one day. Need to get back to the grind. Have a great day everyone.

2 comments:

KBG said...

Yes, I'll be doing the kit next year too (although it ended up okay). And don't even get me started on the yummy food we're missing in Germany. When we were in Stuttgart in October we actually considered driving the 2 hours just to go to that restaurant. Man, I miss that place. (But I miss Starbucks too!)

MSB said...

J and I talk about how we miss the food in Germany all the time... Vicino, Lowenzahn, Delphi, the Brauhaus... and all that good italian delivery... and, that is not even beginning to think about the ice cream... we should all have a reunion trip someday!