Saturday, December 9, 2006

Looking back...


I left the blogging world momentarily, but I have returned.
The temperature dropped significantly in NJ / NY so the once pleasant walk to work is slightly painful. We have been below freezing before considering the windchill. I am not sure how the windchill is factored, I even recall a friend saying it does not exist, but regardless it is freezing cold. It is the kind of cold where any skin that is exposed is instantly in pain when outside. My hands look like an eighty year old womans right now.

On a more positive note, I made my second sale on craigslist.com! If you have never visited craigslist you are absoulutely missing out. I sold our desk a few months ago- some of you may remember the large desk and hutch we used to have...Well, this week i got rid of the home gym that was keeping my car out of the garage. We have a small one car garage that when we first moved in was packed to the ceiling with stuff. Our downsizing has been quite extensive and slightly painful, but I think we finally have cleaned out enough...The car is going in the garage! I got rid of so much in Germany before we left - all of the stuff we never use, and then when we got here furniture had to go like crazy nevermind a bunch more "stuff." We definitely had too much for this house. Having no basement is a challenge. Anyway, we are happy to be in our new home and it is really starting to feel like "home." So, it must be time to move again. : ) We have moved four times in under five years together. That is a pretty impressive track record.

Here are some photos of past Christmas' around the world...We have never spent Christmas at the same place twice!

2001 - Disney World and our Engagement!

December 2002 - In the Attic of Askren Manor and then travels onward to Edar Oberstein.


2003 - Massbach, Germany - Experienced Weinacht Marks shoppers- MW is nuts for those nuts!


2004 - Tikrit, Iraq
2005 Altamont, TN

Please don't leave me this Christmas!!! Our puppy, actually in 2002, did not trust us to take him with us on Christmas- Just days after that dreadful airplane ride.
Sorry No photos available at the moment from Altamont


2006 - NJ

The tasteful decrations in the area are so festive.


Photos to appear in 18 days! Merry Christmas all.


4 comments:

Childress Family said...

Fun memories...And I miss those roasted "mandeln" too...yummy!

Anonymous said...

I always loved your house in Germany. Although, I do not think I miss the truck up the snow hill to your house. Good Times!


FL isn't seeming so bad now for the winter. It got down to 25 degrees on Friday night and everyone freaked out. Now it is back to 55 today.

MSB said...

I wish we could be together to have hot buttered rums... we aren't even having a Christmas get together this year... I miss our Army Family.

KBG said...

All that moving - sounds like us. We received HHG on Labor Day in 2001, 2002, 2003, and 2005. I always told the hubby that the only reason we didn't move on Labor Day in 2004 was because he was in Iraq! Christmas is always fun in a new house - it's a reason to buy more decorations.