Friday, December 15, 2006

The best pizza in the world

You know when you see something in passing and then want to go back and can't remember where you saw it. That is exactly what happened to me with this pizza place. I usually walk randomly through the blocks to work in the morning eventually passing virtually everything within a mile radius. One night walking home I noticed this pizza place with the most amazing pizza in the window and thought I have to go back. So today I decided was the day. I figured it was between 5th and 6th on either 44th or 45th. I set out on foot at 12:30 which is never a good time to try and get anywhere quick. I rushed down the streets passing all the people i could. I rounded Madison onto 44th and walked, and walked, and then I was at 6th ave and I knew this was not right. I quickly jumped over to 45th in hopes of finding this place that i don't even know the name of and realized - this is not right either. What to do- I had no plan B and a co-worker waiting for pizza when suddenly I looked up and saw: "The worlds best pizza." Who can pass that up? (Remember in Elf the "worlds best cup of coffee?" That is in NYC too! We are so lucky to have the worlds best right here.) I walked in and it was as busy as grand central station. I waited, I was shoved, and then I got my pizza. It was great...maybe even the world's greatest.

2 comments:

MSB said...

Did you not eat pizza in Italy??? I don't care what anyone else says, I have never had better pizza than the pizza in Italy (except maybe at Vicino).

TW said...

Silly, of course it is not the world's best pizza!