Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Amazing and Who are these people?

How often do we find things amazing? Here are some of my amazing moments in the past 24 hours:

I was amazed when my boss seriously asked me to fix his stapler...that just had a minor problem...the staples were not in properly.

I was amazed last night when Sam managed to take an entire loaf of bread off of the counter, open it and eat it in less than 30 minutes. I was even more amazed when she later begged for my dinner.

I was amazed to find that Bailey acted out yesterday as well by chewing my eyeliner pencil into many pieces while I was at work. ( I also began to think they really hate us)

This morning the amazement continued when the man behind me on the bus with the cough did not find it necessary to cover his mouth. (I managed to sit in the coughing section this morning)

And most recently, a floor of 250 people has a copier without toner, why? Because there was no back up for when the only one we had ran out.

Other mysteries that have occurred that may very well be amazing is the disappearance of the lid to our trash barrel on a not windy day. Or the development who put out trash cans for "picking up after your dog," but do not empty them, and the list goes on...

Who are these people with all of these genius thoughts? Do you ever notice that in a public restroom it is never clean, but it is never any one's fault? At work, everyone complains, but someone has to be contributing to the mess. We can't all be innocent here!

One more thing that truly amazes me: How much trash the people next door accumulate. What the heck are they doing? And why don't they recycle! Ughhh. I seriously considered picking up their bucket of "recyclables" that were out on regular trash day yesterday and saving them to recycle on the right day. It is so easy. Why can't they do it?

Humans...an interesting breed.

3 comments:

MSB said...

Oh, how I miss you!

jill said...

I would contribute "amazing" stories, (which we here at work have been replacing with "ridiculous" as descriptors) but it would be too much of a downer. Instead...I'll say that sometimes people don't think and all of that head space is devoid of gray matter and filled with empty space!!! Luckily there is a balance of wonderful people out there to make it all worthwhile!

MSB said...

Where are you??? You must be working too hard... I miss you even more now!!