Friday, September 28, 2007

wobbly legs

Our little big man is really working hard. He is now walking on carpeting and grass. It is both sad and adorable to see. I don't really feel sad when I see him walk considering where he was three weeks ago, but at the same time you can see his frustration in his face. Today he impressed me by walking on the deck for the first time. Another surface he can control his little legs on. His right foot is scraped, so I am forever cleaning up bloody foot prints on the carpet, but it is all worth it to see him walk. I tried a baby sock on his foot- it is what the vet recommended- but after a couple of steps it slides right off. I am trying to keep him off the pavement and brick since that scrapes his foot the worst.
Bailey has really taken to the water! He can hardly stand the excitement of going swimming. I love seeing him so happy. I am leaving in about an hour for the airport and am sad to separate from him. Yesterday I left him for 6 hours, which is the longest he has been alone since the accident and when I got back he was just overjoyed and excited and falling all over the place. He did not know what to make of being alone without his beloved Sam.
Speaking of Sam. That lucky lady has gone on Holiday. She has left for the mountains of TN for ten days. Lucky dog.
Hopefully, when Sam gets home she can come back home to stay with us. We miss her.

That's all on the pup front.

No comments: