Monday, September 24, 2007

Baby Steps...

Yesterday was the best day yet in Bailey's recovery. He managed to stand up and start walking! It was not exactly a sturdy or balanced walk, but he was able to get up and shuffle around about fifteen feet or so- the furthest since the accident. He is only able to walk like this on the carpeting where there is good traction. The wood floor is still much too difficult to try and walk on. We are THRILLED with his progress and strength.

The little big guy had his two week check up today and passed with flying colors. Our next method of physical therapy you ask? Swimming! I am going out today to get him a life jacket to start building strength!! I am very excited for him that he has made it to this point in only two weeks. He has such determination and drive- As soon as we get the vest and take him swimming I will get photos of him- I am sure he will look adorable with his life jacket on! I am hoping I can get a bright orange one.

I have a third interview for the same position this week. Please keep your fingers crossed for me. I really would like this position.

This weekend I am heading north to NH for a wedding. I am very excited, but sad that MW has to stay behind to care for the pup. Anyway, photos of that event are sure to show up early next week. Lots of things happening.

Take care everyone!!!!!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy to hear about the progress I think a little swimming would be excellent PT! Have fun at the wedding wish you were headed to WI instead to help tackle all of our painting!!! Much love, Rachel

JStar said...

Hey Trisha! Glad you found us on the web! I found your blog on Marie's list too, how funny! My email is jonijimstar@yahoo.com, if you want to drop a line!

MSB said...

That is such good news about Bailey!
Good luck at the interview.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Baily is recovery so well. Good thing he has great parents!!

Take care.

By the way.... Joanne is already bugging me out going to visit you guys.... so plan on seeing us in January!!

Deric

Anonymous said...

I didn't think it was possible for Bailey to be cuter but that life vest is great! I know he will enjoy swimming therapy!

Kick butt on the interview! Fingers are crossed - but really you don't need it! They would be lucky to have you on their team.

JAW