Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Swimming like a fish

Just as we suspected Bailey took right to the water. He pretty much fell into the pond yesterday he was so excited to swim. At first he did not realize he could float so easy so he was scared, but once he realized all he had to do was propel himself through the water there was no stopping him. He got to be the Lab he was born to be for a minute yesterday. Swimming and fetching just like the good old days. Here are a few photos of his adventure. You can really tell from this photo that the water was not so clear. Back in July he swam in this pond and it was crystal clear- yesterday to our surprise we found a lot of algae. He smelled a bit like mildew last night! I couldn't hose him when I got home since there are water restrictions and our shower is up a flight of stairs. Today the smell has worn off and he smells like his usual dog self again.
So happy to fetch.





I was thinking- when did this blog become all about Bailey, but then I remembered that this injury has taken over my entire life. Did I mention that MW sleeps on the couch next to him each night since he can't stand to be alone downstairs? He is so loyal and would drag himself around until he got to us despite any injury that may take place. It is the same determination that is healing him so well that would have him spending the entire night trying to get up the stairs.
Interview number three tomorrow....






























4 comments:

jill said...

That's wonderful! I actually got a little teary seeing the photos! He is such a sweet pup.

MSB said...

You guys have got to be some of the best dog owners in the world! Bailey (and Sam) are lucky to have you!

Good luck at the interview!

Anonymous said...

I am glad to see Bailey so happy. I actually have my Mom reading your blog now too inorder to check up on him. She is concerned as well. Once a loab lover, always a lab lover. I hope you had fun in NH this weekend. I hope all is well with you two. I am driving up the NC next week, is it possible for you and Mark to meet for lunch maybe? We will be going up I-95...they may be out of the way for you though. Just a though. Miss you both! (good luck with your interview).

Childress Family said...

He's so cute in his doggy life jacket! Glad he had a good swim. All the best for the interview.