Saturday, September 8, 2007

Sad Saturday


Today started out with a BANG!


Bailey is currently at the vet while we wait to hear his prognosis.


He was running around this morning and all seemed fine in the world. He of course took his tennis ball out with him and despite the vet telling us to not play ball with him we through it for him. Not throwing the ball for this dog is like taking away his one true love in life. So, MW through the ball, a gentle toss, and what should have been a simple fetch ended terribly. Bailey wiped out, which he does often with his lack of grace, and instead of jumping back up to retrieve the ball he lay back and winced in pain. His two back legs had completely failed him. Unable to move, MW picked him and took him to the front door ringing the doorbell to get my attention. I came running out to see Bailey laying in MW's arms- I instantly thought he had been hit by a car again- Although this time was different the wretched pain in my gut was the same.


We rushed Bailey to the car, MW layed in back with him trying to keep him stable as I drove quickly to the vet. We carried him in and they immediately took him to the back....they then said they were sedating him and would x-ray his legs. In the meantime we should go home. So, I came home and now here I am. ANXIOUS AS HELL and just yearning for my baby. We have no idea if his hip is broken, dislocated, or even if he is paralyzed. We don't know anything- just that my baby boy is hurt- and BADLY.


Please pray for him. He is only five years old and is heart is so young.










2 comments:

MSB said...

I know how much you love your baby... I will be praying for Bailey...

The Bellard Family said...

That is terrible. Hopefully it is nothing bad and you will receive good news here shortly. I will be thinking of him all day. Poor little guy.