Thursday, September 20, 2007

What I am up to

I did not want to post photos of the blue room until I was done and it became the "black and white" room , but the painting has been put on hold until the dog is a bit better. Since I have been trying to be home with him as much as possible I have taken out the sewing machine and entertained myself for hours! I made some very boring curtains for the garage which I will spare you, but I also have been working on my vision for the blue room. It started with two headboards...

I decided I on a black and white theme and plan to paint the walls a light gray. So, imagine gray walls instead of blue as you look at these photos.

I had black fabric from the IKEA in Furth for ever now and finally put it to good use. I picked up some ribbon at WalMart and voila! And by the way, to stuff them- I was frustrated how much pillow forms cost, so I bought the cheapest pillows I could find at target and cut them to size. They worked beautifully and only cost 2.72 for one of the big pillows and two of the small ones.
In case you are wondering the ribbons are sewn into the seems and then I used no sew iron adhesive to hold them in place tightly.

I picked up black sheer material for 2 dollars a yard at a local fabric store and used the existing white curtain rod. I tied the curtain to the rings and hung them- Note: sewing sheer is very slippery!
I am missing a bed skirt because target sold out of them. I am waiting to pick another one up. only 14.99 and the comforters were buy one get one half off at Linens N Things- I bought down alternative and it is super soft.
I have some artwork plans for the walls as well- I may hang them now even though the painting is not done since I am not sure when I will paint.

Anyway, this is a bit of what I have been doing in the house.
And as for outside...
Let me just throw this out there. I started my day chasing a squirrel. Since I am the rear legs of the lab and he started running forward- I followed. It was interesting trying to stop him once he started really going. Interesting....

Since fall is here so is the yard work. Lucky for me I like it. Not so lucky for me is the MW does not. We really are different. I like to organize everything including the yard and he could just keep it all in a heaping pile....Embrace the differences.















4 comments:

Childress Family said...

I can't believe how many gifted and artsy friends I have. Somehow those talents have completely eluded me. I'm more like your MW; but in our defense, there is method to our madness! Love the room! Keep up the good work with the house and the "woof woof," as Anna calls them.

MSB said...

The room looks great! Olivia and Savannah will love it... it is for them, right?? Once we find out where we are moving we will find a time to visit... maybe we will be close!

I really wish there was a video of the squirell chasing. Just picturing it is making me laugh!

Anonymous said...

Great room you've got a knack for it, sure wish I did. If you find some spare time and want to come to WI and help decorate our house I'll take you!! I know like that's going to happen with everything going on in your life. Just thought I'd throw it out there. Keep the pictures and updates coming. Take care, Rachel

jill said...

You are so talented!! It looks great! One of these days I am totally going to scam the mirror project you had in Germany. Keep up the good work! :-)