Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Say a prayer for her

It seems that someone always has a request- someone is ill, hurt, tired, depressed, in danger, or just plain struggling. We all know a family member or friend that needs our support and we in turn need support at different times from our friends.
My grandma is 90 years old. For some time now life has been a struggle for her and she is getting "tired." For as long as I can remember she told me she did not want to live to be 90 because that is too old and all the old ladies she sees- it isn't worth it. Well, she is a strong lady and has lived to 90. She has been plagued with a slew of bad luck which has consisted of medical testing, a fall where she broke her foot, and now what should have been a simple procedure to make her see better- cataract surgery. Unfortunately, the surgery yesterday may have been too much for her and to make matters even worse they could not correct her vision. She was anxious to have the surgery to see better and all she was left with was a tired body. Since she fell last week she has not been getting around well and has been confined to a wheel chair since her walker is too difficult to use with the cast. Now, after yesterdays procedure she has memory loss and is not well enough to get up out of bed. She is not really eating and just wants to sleep.
It is so hard for me to imagine her in this condition. I have not seen my Grandma for two years. This woman helped raise me first hand and is more than a grandma, but a second mom. I wish I could take all her pain away, but she is old and tired. I am not ready for her to give up. Please pray for her.

3 comments:

MSB said...

I know how important she is to you... I will be praying for both of you.

Anonymous said...

so sorry to hear about her. I will be thinking of you and your whole family.

Joanne and Deric said...

I am so sorry to hear this. Please know we are thinking and praying for you and your family.
All our love