Sunday, August 19, 2007

Locks of Love

This adventure was not that easy. The first appointment I made I chickened out of. The second was a great salon, but specialized in a different kind of hair than my own. The third appointment was Friday night. I got to the salon that had such a great reputation and it was empty. Then a lady called out my name with a terrible accent that sounded nothing like my name. She had nothing to measure my hair with and told me that she did not think I had enough hair to cut and that I should come back in a month. Well, as if that was not disappointing to me enough she said in a bad accent, " I can cut your hair now if you want a man cut. I mean I can give you man hair..." Looking back it is absolutely hysterical, but at that moment I could not get out of the chair fast enough. So, I told her no thanks and went to leave when she looked to Jean and said, "are you next?" The look of terror in her face was priceless...She told her we came together we cut together and we left. I was so disappointed. So, Saturday morning I woke up and found another salon. The mission was completed. Now on to the next goal. A 1/2 marathon Dec. 8th.

This was me yesterday...
This is what I said good bye to. Ten long inches.
At the salon the stylist asked me if I really wanted to cut off all of that hair and I told him not to ask me again and to cut it off.
This is my look of terror.

There was no turning back...

After a while of sitting in the chair I left with a pretty good cut. I am still working it out. This morning I woke up with a terrible afro! My hair is wild!!! But- my hair is on its way to making a wig for a child in need!!!!!

Here it is from the back...
The finished product- accept today I did it myself and feel like it came out a bit better. Either way, this is the cut!
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED




























































7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute love the cut!! Where's Jean's pic? I bet it feels good to have all that hair off your back in this heat. Call me when you get a chance love to catch up. Hugs to Mark. Rach

Joanne and Deric said...

You still look gorgeous Trica! And what an amazing gift you given a needing child. Thanks for being a wonderful person.

Keep some weekends free for when Jo, Kai and I get back!!

Deric

MSB said...

I like it! Do you??
It will take some time to get used to. I had to learn to back comb for my new do... still getting the hang of it!

Joanne and Deric said...

I just love it!!!! You look fantastic! Only you can pull off all styles! Good for you.
I took your advice and added some pic's to my blog posting ... see I listen to what my readers want! This blogging thing is just too much fun!
Joanne

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT!!! what an amazing gift that you did for a child in need..100% worth it. It frames your face so perfectly. Congrats!!!
Anne

Anonymous said...

Nice. I think you look great. Aren't you glad it didn't turn out like your hair in Germany did when the 19 yr old gave you bright highlights! hehe.

Anonymous said...

OMG, you did it. I'm so proud of you. I so thought you were just going to cut it here in NY. Cut it or either chew it all off, either or.