Tuesday, August 7, 2007

It's a circus!

No sooner did I lose the contract I was working was I offered another contract in the same department. Supposedly, the budget was in fact cut and the position I was offered was once two positions and is now one. Well, the offer is somewhat a slap in the face since it is a lesser position that offers less money and responsibility, but is only two cubicles away from where I was sitting. NO WAY. Why would I subject myself to a demotion? As if having my contract cancelled in 9 days was not embarrassing enough.

Back to the drawing board.

In the meantime it is so darn hot here! It is to the point that I don't want to go outside. It is like being in a sauna and if you move to fast you may pass out. I really hope this heat breaks before the weekend. We are having a birthday party for my mom who will be in town and MW's sister. I won't want to attend my own party if it is that hot outside. A funny side note about the heat: Sam loves it and can't get enough. She goes out lies in the sun and just bakes. She sweats / drools all over her paws, but when you call her to come in she just looks at you. She is nuts. Meanwhile, if Bailey walks outside he is quick to turn around and run back in the house. He is not having it.
Pretty princess should have been a beach dog...

No comments: