Monday, August 6, 2007

And it is over- just like that

I was never big on the idea of accepting contract work since my goal has always been to find permanent placement at a company, but when the position of HR Business Partner came up and had the potential to be permanent I figured what the heck. So, a two to three month contract at the least, but hopefully a permanent job. Well, if anyone follows the stock market or the bond market they know the economy is volatile and precautions are being made. I was directly supporting a fixed income division which relies heavily on the bond market to make profit. That coupled with a manager who left on emergency leave left me with a contract ending 2 months too soon. Just two weeks into my contract it was cancelled. The only positive thing about it is that I was told if they get money in the budget again they would call me back. As for the permanent position? Well, it is now on hold too. There are far too many concerns about year end bonuses and making a net profit to keep a contractor around... If you haven't guessed I am completely frustrated. This job was a perfect fit for me. I am not pleased to be unemployed- and i had just gotten in the rhythm of working again only to be jolted back to unemployment. So, now I need to decide what my next steps are. First and foremost I need to remind myself to keep my head up and then I can begin the exhausting and frustrating process of looking for a job again.



8 comments:

Childress Family said...

I'm so sorry! That has to be frustrating. I'm sure something will work out soon. Or, you could join the mommy club!

Childress Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MSB said...

I am sorry... I know it is frustrating for you. Keep your head up and work on your golf swing!

Anonymous said...

I am feeling similar pain. Everytime I turn around our lenders are dropping like flies. Literally everyday someone closes their doors or cuts half of their programs. Soon only people with two W2s, two paystubs, and two dogs, with 20% will be able to buy a home. Sorry to hear about that for you though. Hopefully you will end up where you are supposed to be. Did you see Sarah & Tom's photos? They are finally posted! I hope all else is well.

Anonymous said...

Geez Tricia, i am sorry to hear this has been a struggle but I am positive that something better is around the corner and this job was obviously not meant to be. Like you said, keep your head up and keep plugging away, you are tough!!

ps-i cant remember my blog name but its Anne :))

Joanne and Deric said...

Tricia

Sorry kid... that sucks! I recomend you start drinking heavily! Tell MW I said "what up?"

Deric

jill said...

that stinks, tricia! I'm so sorry!! This one wan't meant to be, but be patient. The right one will come your way. Have faith.

Anonymous said...

Hoping for better days to come! Enjoy this time with the "kids" and stay out of this terrible heat. Crazy Sammy!! We're busy house hunting yuck. keep your fingers crossed. All the best, Rach
if you need to talk I'm here