Monday, October 29, 2007

The fear of a jinx has kept me away

Since I was afraid it may fall through, as many opportunities have for me recently, I did not post when I received my job offer last week. This position I have been interviewing for over a month for and I felt like I met the entire firm in the process. Anyway, I landed a great job and I could not be happier about it! Hallelujah! Since I am a little weirded out about who can read Internet posts I won't say where the job is, but it is at one of the banks in town and I was offered an officer title. Again, I could not be happier. It took six long months and I often felt like I was losing my head, but I made it!!! I start my job next Monday.

While I wait to begin this new adventure I am trying to tie up any lose ends around here, but basically I have been out of work so long I could care less about all the other day to day stuff. I am just eager to dive into my new career.

I did find a book club here- so I am planning on joining. I have always wanted to be part of a book club, but they always meet in the middle of the day- and I work : ) But finally, our church has a woman's book club that meets in the evening one night a month- so in an effort to get out and meet people, and live this life to the fullest I am joining a group. I really am trying to find ways to meet people since I feel as though I still have no friends here. Thankfully we have family that helps me through that. MW has made friends through hockey, work and golf, but when I tried to make friends through golf all I met was retirees. Go figure.

Bailey is doing great. He is getting stronger each day. He still is not able to walk upstairs so MW carries him up each night for bed and down in the morning. It is really adorable and I need to get a photo. Bailey's right leg is still dragging a bit when he walks so he can't really walk on cement without cutting his feet up - but aside from that he is a happy tail wagging lab and that is what we like to see.

If any of you are wondering why I have not called---- I managed to talk my way through my cell minutes and then some and when I got the bill my jar dropped....Nights and weekends only for me for a while. Whoa. And if you want to call and chat please try my home phone first. I have managed to talk myself into a steep bill... yuck.

  1. Stay well everyone.

9 comments:

MSB said...

I will call you soon...

MSB said...

PS Congrats on the job!

Anonymous said...

good news on the job front, way to go!!! I'm sick so I will make this short. We're in our house but now comes the unpacking so overwhelming. Take care and congratulations on the job. Write/call soon. Rachel

Childress Family said...

Hooray for the job! I've always thought it would be cool to work for a bank. Maybe someday... And, friends aren't too far away; come see us anytime!

Anonymous said...

T & M

I'm back at Bragg. Got it 2 nights ago and just got my internet back up.

Send your phone number via email and I'll give you guys a call.

Deric

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new job! I am excited for you. I got your email and I actually am planning to come see you all soon. I go to Boston this weekend to see Trip. Maybe I will come in late NOV or early DEC, does that work?

KToth said...

Congratulations on your new job! How exciting. If they put you through that much in the application process, it must be a pretty good job/position. BTW, I need your mailing address. I'm finally sending out announcements for my 3 month old baby.

Embrace the Circus said...

Congratulations on the new job! That's fantastic. And here's hoping the book club works out. I've always wanted to join one, too, but it just never worked out. I'm jealous!

Joanne and Deric said...

Great News - the best news is that your so happy with the new job! See, the wait was worth it!
Keep us posted
Jo