Friday, October 5, 2007

The Bailey News

It has been a little bit since I posted an updated on the brown pup. He is doing AMAZING! Last weekend while I was away he decided to become independent and start walking around on his own all over! He can now walk on the wood floors and deck! Although it is much more difficult than the carpet, he is getting around just fine. He is still unable to take on steps, but I did see him climb the two side steps by our house once and down them twice. It is just too risky for him to do it on his own still. He got lucky those times, but he has also fallen and it is not worth him injuring himself again- so we use the sling to get him up and down the stairs.

Today, for the first time he lifted his back leg to pee! -Which shows he has strength to hold his body weight on his right leg- the injured side of the spine. Huge accomplishment.

I did unfortunately contribute to a minor injury today. I thought it would be special to take a short "walk" so I put his leash on and we walked down the sidewalk about four or five houses- he loved it!!!, but on the way back I realized his back right foot was scraped up and bleeding again and his toenails were completely worn down. I felt terrible even though he was smiling.

Anyway, that is what is up with the pup!

We are heading to the Hudson Valley for the weekend! One more wedding!!! I am sure the foliage will be beautiful. We are also hoping for a trip to West Point while we are there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Bailey is doing so much better. Highly recomend laser eye surgery for MW.... then no more glasses to worry about!!

Deric