Thursday, October 4, 2007

What a day...

Sometimes I feel like my day is so crazy I need to go home and find a "safe" place. Today was one of those days. It started with a phone interview that I don't think went all that well. The lady grilled me and I just had a bad vibe. It was the 8th person I have interviewed with for this job and I am interviewing with four more people within the next week. If i don't get this offer I am going to be so frustrated that I spent all this time interviewing!!!!


Then MW called because his glasses broke- I drove to Charlotte to bring him a new pair. Next, I go to his parents house to get the mail and feed the cat. NOTE: If you are a Wanish and have not spoken to any parents today please do not read this. I arrived at the house and began filling Widget's (the cat) water dish. I shook her food and she did not come running. I bet you all know what I am going to say next. Yes, the 17 year old cat was dead. The poor thing was sprawled out on the sun room floor. I have never actually seen a dead animal other than on the side of the road, so this was pretty traumatic. I called MW and told him I am not moving the cat. I leave.

I then go home to care for the pup (who is doing very well by the way) and eat lunch. After that I headed to the mall to try and get MW's glasses fixed. Of course they can't fix them. They will replace them for half price since they are less than a year old, but they no longer sell that frame. OK, but I can't pick them out for him and we fly tomorrow to NY. Oh well I figure since I can't do anything else about it.

I leave the Mall only to see that the bank next to the mall just got robbed. OK- I see the police running around and them putting yellow tape all around the building. I continue on.

MW came home a little early to change his clothes to go bury the cat.

And here I am. What a day. What a day. It was just one thing after the next. I know the glasses breaking is minor, and the interview was just an interview, but it was sad to see Widget-t it was obvious though that her tiny little soul was gone and I knew that she was in kitty heaven. I just felt slightly responsible for her death and not being there and that she maybe died from being old and lonely. She has been alone for a week with only two visits. Who knows.

OK- that was the day. Thought I would report it. Sorry to rain on your day.

Tomorrow we head to NY for another wedding! Wow. Last one for the season.

Did I mention I am having my first dinner guests since moving here over tonight? Fun times.



3 comments:

MSB said...

Oh T... I am so sorry about your day. It sounds like it only got worse after we talked. Love you.

Childress Family said...

What a day! Hope tomorrow's better. Have a great trip!

Joanne and Deric said...

Days like this you should go home, close all doors, put your pj's on and hide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At least for the rest humanity!