Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Heading for the hills!

We are heading south again! Another arctic blast has taken over the region and we are heading out! The weather in NC is certain to be warmer. This is a last minute trip, but we are very excited. MW has a promising lead- an interview in Charlotte and we are crossing our fingers that it is a success. Until now, we have not shared with our blogging family about “operation Charlotte.” We have determined that Jersey is not the life for us and that we would like to head south for many reasons- We have family there, it is warmer J , the cost of living is nicer, and we really do like the city. So, about two months ago we began the initiative to head south and now here we are pressing onward.

This weekend we plan to do some house investigating as we look deeper into the communities to determine if this is “where we want to be.” Mark my words, if we do this, this will be the last cross country move for some time! I am focused on staying in one place for more than a year- or more than three. We have never lived in a house longer than 1.5 years in nearly 5 years together! That is nuts. We were in Germany for just under three years and that was our longest stay anywhere- BUT we lived in two houses during that time. Go figure- I had to get the crazy landlady. And for the record, I DID NOT break her lawnmower!

We will keep you posted on our travels!

5 comments:

jill said...

I am very excited for you both! Have a nice trip. It is supposed to be 70 degrees today in Nashville and I'm pretty sure Charlotte is the same. I do NOT miss NY winters!!

MSB said...

Right... that lawn mower was all your fault!

Anonymous said...

Good luck to MW with the interview. Keep us updated.

KBG said...

Oh my - everyone in NC but me... I have family in Charlotte too. You all are hitting the hotspots! Good luck (and there's supposed to be an IKEA there in 2008).

Joanne and Deric said...

What great news... you will only be 3 hours from us!!!! Charlotte is great too, I love going there. Let us know when you know for sure.