Thursday, March 29, 2007

Geographically Separated.

MW and the pups safely arrived in Charlotte yesterday. The dogs are adjusting to their new environment and MW is trying to get a few things done before starting work tomorrow. A top priority for us is to change the registration on the vehicles. NJ is the most expensive of all 50 states to register your car in and we are really looking forward to the decrease in insurance. When we called USAA to ask about the rate change we found out that our annual insurance will be over 50% less than it is in NJ. On another fun NJ fact, our taxes on our house in NC will be almost half of what they are in here. We will have 2.5 times the amount of house and a yard, but will pay almost half in taxes. This place is crazy.
MW is going to send a few photos today of the exterior of the new house. I guess the bulbs are about to bloom and the shrubs are flowering. I would like to see, so he is going to send me the photos and then I will post them.
Today is our realtor “caravan” at our house here. The realtor has invited all sorts of Realtors in the area to check out our place. My thought: Strangers in my house when I am not home.” Saturday will be our first real open house.
Only a few more weeks and I will be heading south. Hopefully, our home here sells quickly and we can complete chapter 1.

1 comment:

MSB said...

Hopefully chapter 1 ends on a good note!

And, I am really hoping that chapter 2 includes a journey to the northwest!