Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Not a pity party

The previous post was not intended for anyone to say how great my blog is- that would be a lie- just me voicing my frustrations with the lack of interesting posts!

I do have photos and when I get to TN that will be one of my first orders of business - post photos!

I am getting excited to get away. No house cleaning, no errands to run, still a bit of work, but peace and quiet! Thank God for the Mountains - and the Mountain House! I am looking forward to visiting my piano- Did I ever share that story?

My great grandmother bought a 1936 Baby Grand Piano back around 1936 and it was then given to my grandparents- and on to my dad. A few years ago in casual conversation my dad told me he was having trouble "getting rid of it." To my complete shock he had already offered it to local churches etc., but due to the size and need for tuning etc. nobody wanted it. EXCEPT ME! Who he never really asked- I announced I would take it. Except I lived in a tiny condo in Jersey???? So, I shipped the piano to J's house in TN- and there it rests until our children (yet to be conceived) are old enough to take lessons on it. At that point I will ship it to our house and have it tuned and refinished- I truly LOVE this piano and can't believe my dad was going to just rid of it without telling me or my sister! Crazy.....so when I go to TN I usually polish it- and it drinks the polish in and then I go on my merry way- I have no idea how to play the piano, but it is a beautiful piece. I will add a photo of that to my list to post.

Traveling in less than 3 hours!

No comments: