Sunday, May 20, 2007

wherever there is a bouncing ball....

There is not a lab far behind.

Last night Bailey was wandering in the yard with his ball in his mouth like he usually does. He must have dropped the ball in the driveway which is on a hill. The ball rolled down the hill and into the street, so Bailey followed it- Right in front of a car! I did not see it happen, and Mark only heard it. The car didn't even stop and Bailey came running home- limping. Today we went to the animal hospital and he had x-rays. He has a chip in his left hip. He may need to have the chip removed since it is completely detached from his hip bone. I will follow up with a vet tomorrow to find out what we need to do. In the mean time he has pain medicine and anti inflammatory medicine and needs to not chase his ball for a while. He can carry his ball around, but needs to rest as much as possible. Pray our baby does not need surgery and he heals back to his happy go running self soon!

Photos of Sonoma will post when I get my home internet. I am back at the in laws for a quick stop and thought I would share Bailey's accident info. If nothing else as therapy for me. The guilty feeling mom.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

praying Bailey is alright and becoming more and more upset about that driver that didn't even bother to stop!!! Keep us posted. Rach and Spence

MSB said...

Poor Bailey... I will say a prayer that everything turns out okay!

Anonymous said...

This is a great way to keep in touch. I read it all the time.

Tina (from Germany)

Anonymous said...

Oh no!! How horrible!! I will be keeping him in my prayers for sure. My uncle hit Cheyenne (white lab) a few weeks ago. She bounced back ok. I think Bailey must have been hit a little harder though. Poor doggy! I am glad he has some meds though.

Anonymous said...

(its Anne)

Tricia that is horrible about Bailey...I hope he will be ok. Hang in there...i remember when Josie got hit by a car and ran home the same way...it was horrible!!! I hope he is ok.