Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Rains Came

We received so much rain over that 48 hours. It is incredible. Just a week ago the news was reporting will we or won't we get rain from Hurricane Fay? It was thought it could go either way and at most we would get a couple of inches of much needed rain. Now, 48 hours after Fay initially travelled over Charlotte, we have a good 10 plus inches of rain in our soil. We are one of the lucky ones, who aside from some giant puddles and some mushy grass do not have severe flooding. Many local areas went from being in extreme drought one day to a flood the next. The concept is still amazing to me. I don't think I have ever heard it rain as hard as it did two nights ago. That coupled with extreme thunder and lightning made it impossible to know if the much threatened tornadoes were coming. Fortunately, for this area no tornadoes appeared, but north a couple of hours was not so lucky. The weather has been volatile, but the rain in my yard is still much appreciated.

This weekend we are travelling north and going to a dear friend's wedding. I can hardly wait to see "the girls" from college. I will be sure to take and post photos.

No comments: