Friday, August 8, 2008

Funny Story

So, I got a call from my sister today who said she had a funny story for me. Usually, I find them funny, but not laugh out loud funny! This one was different. See for yourself. It goes something like this:

"So, you know my cleaning lady who I love, right? Well she hadn't cleaned my house for a while and she came back today with her young daughter. They were cleaning and kept looking at the photos in my house and speaking in Spanish. I couldn't quite understand what they were saying, and finally my cleaning lady asked me if the man in the photos with me was my husband. I said yes and then they discussed a while longer. Finally, her daughter said my mom is afraid to ask you this, but is your husband a twin? I said yes. Then the girl told her mother (in Spanish) and she said, 'thank God. He looks just like another person's husband whose house I clean for and I thought he may have two wives. The cleaning lady went on to say that she told her husband about it and he told her not to say anything, but it was really bothering me."

How sweet she was concerned for my sister and the other lady.

And there you have it. Something we could never understand not being a twin. I guess being an identical twin this sort of thing happens a lot, but this is all new to my sister since she has only been engaged to a twin for a short while.

I hope you enjoyed the story as much as me.

1 comment:

jill said...

This is hilarious!! I can just imagine the scene. I actually laughed out loud!! :-) Thanks