Monday, June 16, 2008

Latta Triatholon

The first event: THE SWIM It is difficult to see the course, but it was out to the last barrel- which I don't think I can even see knowing where it was. AKA 750 meters. This photo was taken around 6am. This is the bike setup- I have a few other shots of this, but loved the way the bikes looked all lined up. It was an art how people set up there things for the transitions.
Here is MW and George getting ready to swim. The water was reportedly too warm to be refreshing. MW completed the swim in about 17 minutes. When he came out of the water we had a plan that I would try and take a photo and Julie would hand him his glasses. Of course, after swimming that far he was disoriented to the plan and looked at me with this sense of desperation for his glasses- this is the shot.-


I missed the photo of him coming in off the bike - but here he is getting started on his run. I guess the run was rocky and windy- so not too easy. Especially after a 750 meter swim and an 18 mile bike ride...

Here is the place everyone is trying to get too!



And here he is reaching the finish line- 1 hour and 41 minutes later. His goal was 1 hour 45 minutes, so he made it!
Here are the proud wives with the sweaty husbands!!!!I was careful to not touch MW (so mean I know).

I am so proud of M. I may have to try one of these sometime....


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yuts, daw palagpat imo blog.

TW said...

Is anyone else getting random comments on their blogs as of recently? This is the second time in the past couple of weeks for me??? Thoughts?

Anonymous said...

I am not getting these comments. Good job MW! That is awesome!
Rachel & Trip

Anonymous said...

What an accomplishment!! Way to go Mark. Keep us posted on things. We leave for CA tomorrow Seth will see the ocean and swim in a pool for the first time :) Not that he'll remember but we will. Take care, Rach, Spence and Seth