Monday, June 2, 2008

Happy Monday

Summer hit over the weekend and I was blown away by the blast of hot air! I finally broke down after a long experiment and turned on the AC. I was trying to see how long I could go without AC or heat and how low I could get the energy bills. I ended up not using AC or Heat for a long time. Exact timing I am not sure, but I think the heat has been off for two months now and the AC did not come on until unofficially May 24th and officially May 31st. I turned the AC on when my sister was here since she was unable to open the windows at night while sleeping since there are no screens on the front of the house. It was not until Saturday that I declared the weather too darn hot to be comfortable indoors. The dogs looked at me like I was a freak on Saturday as they were panting in the house. I felt similar to them and broke down. The house is now officially closed up to keep it cool.

We had a yard sale on Saturday- got rid of a bunch of junk- unfortunately, we were not as lucky as our yard sale back in Oklahoma. We did not sell the Harley. Some of you may remember that we sold our Truck at a yard sale in Oklahoma. I guess that is another item to add to the "only in Oklahma" list.

We are pretty boring otherwise- I have committed to something very freightening though- A 1/2 marathon - but it is not for a LONG time. December. K Toth if you are interested- I know you will crush me, but I would love for you to come over with the Kevin and the kids for the race if you are interested. We are only about a 6 hour drive from you.

MW is competing in his first triathlon in about two weeks. Yikes. It is a sprint triathlon, but they are still no joke. I have been swimming with him to help him get ready - 750 meters a pop. He is quick- and competitive. He drives me nuts. He races me - and I get so angry. He swims slightly faster, but if I speed up so he doesn't lap me he speeds up and before we know if we are all out racing. So annoying : )

No new photos. maybe soon...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Baw, kasagad-sagad sa iya ubra blog!