Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Turkey for you and Turkey for me...

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I often find it hard to remember where I have on a holiday / birthday in the years past. How bad does that sound? Anyway, if my memory serves me right this is how the last five have gone:

2002 - Nashua, NH - this was the last Thanksgiving at my grandparents house. They moved the following year. It is a great memory. We had MW's family and mine together to celebrate a holiday together for the first time

2003- I haven't a clue! Maybe it will come to me, but right now I have not idea. It was in Germany somewhere, but I can't recall for the life of me right now.

2004- MW was in Iraq and his parents and sisters visited Germany. We had a feast with family and friends in Eltingshausen. It was a lot of fun even though MW was not there to celebrate

2005- We went to MW's parents in Poughkeepsie, NY. This was just before they moved to NC. It may have been the last time we visited the house- surprisingly I can't recall.

2006- I stayed in Jersey while MW traveled to NC to see his parent's new house. My sister and I had a chicken dinner at my house and we hung out just the two of us. We had a good day.

This year we are going to MW's parents. We are not traveling and we will not have any house guests.

I am looking forward to Black Friday. I don't have to work on Friday, so I am going to go out early as a crazed shopper. 6am I will be at the stores! I don't know where yet, but I am going to do it. I have never done a "black Friday craze" so I figure what the heck. I'll let you know if the deals are worth it.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time! I have to work friday so let me know what your thoughts are on the shopping craze of the Friday after Thanksgiving. Rachel

Anonymous said...

Hey TW & MW-
I hope you both had a great Thanksgiving! I am hoping to maybe meet up at the end of Dec when you all make your way down here past us. I will call soon to check up.
Love- R & T