Monday, June 8, 2009

Pink or blue?

Friday was a very exciting day for Mark and I. My appointment was at 11, but of course the ultra sound technician was running late. We waited a bit and then were placed in the room. Sitting there Mark and I were so nervous and excited all at once. All along boy votes were casted by family and friends and even though everyone is just guessing it is very convincing. So, naturally we sat there waiting to confirm every one's assumptions.
The technician seemed to look at everything except what we were aching to know. It seemed like forever went by...although we were loving every minute of seeing the spine,the hands, the feet...but we really wanted to cut to the chase! Finally, at the very end she said she had looked a few minutes ago (we obviously were clueless) and she could not tell.

She gave it another shot and then said, "I think I know...yep I know."

All I could think was spit it out! She then went on to say do you see those three lines? And of course we said yes, but thought, "What the heck does that mean?" And for those of you with babies you may know...the three little lines means girl! She then continued on writing "girl" all over the images of the tiny ultrasound screen. There it was in writing- she is a girl!

After listening to our family and friends for so long I was honestly surprised it is not a boy. My response to the technician? "Really?"

We are overjoyed! I couldn't have been happier either way, but now my 7 month niece will have a new best friend!

Amazingly I did not cry when I found out the news, but I am so excited that I can now refer to the baby as her...I hated using it and have apologized to HER for any times a may have used HE in the last 18 weeks!

There is so much love in our hearts for this little girl. I can't wait to meet her in November!

9 comments:

The Bellard Family said...

Wow! A baby girl will be an excellent addition to your family. I am sure Sam and Baliey will love her too.
Congrats again!!!
Rachel and Trip

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news it's seems like it's the year for girls. We are so excited for you and can't wait to meet her :) Lots of love, Rachel, Spencer and Seth

MSB said...

Hooray!! I love baby girls!!!

jill said...

I cried. You will both be the most amazing parents to a little girl. To think of my brother as a father brings tears to my eyes, even still!! i couldn't be happier for you both and can't wait to meet my little niece!!! All my love, J

Childress Family said...

yay a girl!!! That's wonderful. Enjoy the anticipation. They're so sweet and the pink is so fun!

The Bellard Family said...

Are you starting to show yet? How about a few pictures? :)

Joanne and Deric said...

Oh and what fun girls are.... such wonderful news!!! Now we want belly shots, you must the the cutest prego ever, so we want to see too!!!!!!!!

Embrace the Circus said...

Congratulations! We're thrilled for you. A little girl will be so much fun! --Kristen

Popo and Nana and Gong Gong and Granda said...

Congrats on that sweet baby girl. Girls are so much fun to dress and play with. But...there is always room for a boy in the big house of yours down the road. Boy or girl...doesn't matter. Just means you can plan more. Enjoy these days.

Tucson Russell Family