Monday, September 29, 2008

Negative emotions

I may be the most negative person this Monday morning. I know I have not taken to the blog lately, but I have been incredibly busy.

Today is one of those days where I know I am in a "funk" and just can't shake it. Many of you know MW and I move to Charlotte a year and a half ago when Wachovia relocated us here. We love Charlotte and hope to stay a very long time. With all that is spiraling out of control in the US Economy I am starting to just feel crippled. The office does me no favors since I work at a Bank! With Wachovia being sold to Citi it is bound to significantly impact my city and the landscape in which we live. With last week's purchase of Merrill Lynch my company now has a significant amount of real estate in NY and NJ- mind you this is where we moved from. Does anyone see where this is heading- I don't want to move again and although I probably will not have to I fear for my little city, my neighbors and the community as a whole. My neighbor has worked for Wachovia for 33 years. I am sure his day is a lot harder than mine.
Of course while all of this is happening we have zero gasoline in this city and as with the rest of the country everything has gotten SO expensive! I just feel as though we are spiraling out of control- and I am much safer in my own little world somewhere where I do not have to deal with this- unfortunately, none of us our exempt and we are all trying to see this through to the other side. I know that MW and I are much better off than most during this trying time for our country, but I want to put it out there that the fear is in me and I sweat over this every day....I pray for all of my friends and family and that we will all come out of this as better stronger human beings.

3 comments:

jill said...

You are not alone. I am hearing this same sentiment everywhere I turn. These are scary times we live in.

Anonymous said...

At least we are all in it together and have eachother and our health.
Coming up to Boston anytime soon? Miss you guys!
R Bellard

Anonymous said...

Keep your head up guys. You both are incredibly good people. And good things happen to good people. Have faith.

Vr
Deric