Wednesday, May 13, 2009

no news and big news

Hey all,

It has been some time for a few reasons. One, I am still looking for work and have had an interesting run at the job market recently. I have had such positive leads that I have thought, "how could it not work out," only for the jobs to not work out. So, the search continues. I have a phone interview tomorrow, but we will see. The job market is just one tough place right now.

My job search had a wrench thrown into right away with a big exciting surprise! Mark and I are expecting our first baby in November! We are thrilled. Although the baby was "planned" I am sure it is always somewhat a surprise when the miracle occurs. We are over the moon excited, but I am also a bit nervous about not being able to find work now. I hate to mix these two topics since work is so blah and a baby is such a miracle! Anyway, I was waiting to share this news until some time has passed- and now I am in my 14th week.

More updates to come...

7 comments:

MSB said...

HOORAY!!!! Even though I already knew, I just like to see it written down and totally official (you know, once it is on the blog, it is official. haha)

We need to chat! Miss you!

KToth said...

AAhh!! Congratulations! So so excited for the both of you. And 14 weeks. You are sooo pregnant. Hope you are through all of the yucky first trimester stuff.
I don't really believe in "planned" babies. They are each a miracle, like you said, and a gift from God.
Are you going to find out if it's a girl or boy?
You are going to be such a great Mama.

Joanne and Deric said...

I AM SOOOOOOO EXCITED FOR YOU! WHAT GREAT NEWS! I love good news! Now we want loads of belly shots!!! I send you so much love and congratulations

KBG said...

Congratulations! I'm sure you are over the moon about it. Enjoy every moment (as I know you will)!

Childress Family said...

That's wonderful news!!! Thanks for sharing. I've missed your posts and wondered how you guys are. I'll be excited to hear about baby updates and so forth.

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! It is always fun to see the good news in print :) We are thrilled for you both! What a lucky little one he / she will be to have such wonderful loving parents

JAW

Popo and Nana and Gong Gong and Granda said...

Yippeee....A little bird told me and I am so happy that I can finally say congrats and best wishes for all the months and years ahead of you. I have told G'ma and G'pa W they are in for the ride of their lives. Babies are the best.

Love, Helen and Ron