Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Wedding Bananza!

It is officially Wedding Season! Last weekend we kicked off the season with a trip to Jacksonville- and what a way to start the festivities. Sarah was a stunning bride and the two families were amazingly hospitable. As if that was not enough the wedding was at the beach, so I got a chance to put my feet in the sand and get run over by a few big waves! I miss living close to the beach SO MUCH. Thanks to everyone in Jacksonville for an amazing weekend.

As we approach another weekend we are heading south once again, but this time we are heading to Georgia. This time we switch gears from Field Artillery to Infantry as we celebrate Alex's wedding. I am sure we will have a blast.

You would think that after such an amazing weekend I would have photos, but we were running late to the actual wedding (since I spent a little too long at the beach) and I ended up running out of the condo without my camera. So now I have to wait for photos to be sent of me. I have one photo of the entire weekend. I know- LAME. We did get to see a lot of old friends last weekend which was fantastic. This weekend will most likely be the same.

In other news:
I have a job interview next week for a job I actually want. What an amazing concept! I had a phone interview last week that went well, so next week I will go in for the in person interview. Please keep your fingers crossed for me- I am eager to work and this job would be perfect. It is a campus recruiter for a fortune 500 firm. It is one of the big six in accounting firms...blah blah blah. In other words it is a prestigious company and I really want to work with them.

In my spare time I have started golf lessons. I am so darn competitive that I am determined to be good at this sport. I have a lesson this afternoon. It is rough I have to carry my bag up the hill to the clubhouse just to get there : )

The house is really coming along. We seem to be settling in. We still have a lot of things to put away, but we have been busy outside- trimming shrubbery, mowing, fertilizing, digging - you name it. I really enjoy the yard work though. I always have. Me and the lawn mower have a little agreement and things are going well. I have not told it about the big debacle in Germany over my old loaner lawn mower. The only issue with this lawn mower is that the lot next door has a plastic orange fence along our property line that is like a magnet to the lawn mower. Every time I mow I dread that section. I had to show the fence who was boss and as a result there is a large hole in one section of the fence where the lawn mower took a bite out of it. Oops. Maybe they should have waited to put the ugly orange fence up until they were actually going to build the house!!!

That is all I have got for today. I will work on some photos of last weeks wedding.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have not seen all the photos yet but of the ones I have seen I have not found any of you and Mark! Maybe Cass will have some. I really enjoyed seeing you two. I am glad you had a great time. S & T are in Belize and loving it now. I wish I was there too! Talk to you soon.

Anonymous said...

I have a typo- I would love photos of Sarah and Tom, but I wrote of me...my vanity coming out I guess. : )
If you have a shot of Sarah and Tom I can post it would be great!
-TW

MSB said...

That poor lawnmower...
Be sure to tell all the 1-18 people hi for us!