Friday, May 9, 2008

What's your dream?

Every one's got a dream!

For me it is simple: A beach house. I long for a beach house- to hear the waves crashing while laying in bed at night or reading a book on the deck with the sand dunes and waves in sight. Bliss.

Last weekend we lived my dream- sort of- we went to the beach. We spent the days riding our bikes up and down the shore line and sitting at restaurants on the marina. It was so relaxing to get away. I have come up with a quote for my future beach house. It will hang upon the entry for all who visit. It will read: "There is peace in the world when at the beach." And I don't mean the sandbox- I mean the Ocean- the amazing thing that it is. What a creation.

Sunday when we packed up to leave we took one last walk on the beach and a dolphin decided to join us. It swam playfully along the coastline while we walked. I could have followed it for hours!

I brought my camera but did not take a single photo on the trip. I did not do my hair once and I did not wear any make-up the entire time. It was a great trip!

I am already searching out beach locations for our next getaway! I can hardly wait.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great weekend I could use a beach right about now last night it got down in the low 30's YICKES!!! Spencer is golfing and Seth and I are going thru some clothes fun, fun. Next comes cleaning the house :) You're in my thoughts and prayers this weekend. With much love, The Brooks

Anonymous said...

Think Maui....

Deric

jill said...

Sounds wonderful!! You deserved the get-away. There is something magical about the ocean.

Childress Family said...

Which beach did you go to? Just wondering. We're heading to Holden Beach for a little bit this weekend.

MSB said...

Maybe the beach in southern Georgia??

Your poll is great... it was what I was going to put up, but I will have to think of something different now.

Anonymous said...

Maybe you could come down to FL again and we can eat $4 dozen oysters! Trip will be home this week until June 2nd when he begins his intership. I am glad all is well with you both!
Love- R & T

Anonymous said...

Yuts, daw palagpat imo blog.