Friday, January 18, 2008

28 years young

I think today is the perfect day to create a bucket list.
Before I die ... in no particular order ... I would like to:
  • hike the grand canyon
  • ski Utah
  • have children
  • tour South Africa- maybe Jo can help me through this.
  • forgive myself for leaving my sister in NJ
  • Live near my sister again
  • sponsor / adopt a family / child in a developing country so they can be afforded opportunity
  • lead by example and help to conserve the earth- help people to realize the small changes they can make to change the world
  • visit all of my friends who are not near
  • serve the poor- and volunteer more
  • master my game of golf
  • run a half marathon
  • Go to the Macy's day parade in NYC on Thanksgiving
  • Go to Normandy

Traveling is my favorite hobby and I could write all day where I want to go...but I am not sure that is the point of the bucket list.

Maybe I need to see the movie and try again? The movie seems to sad to though- I think I will pass.

6 comments:

Joanne and Deric said...

I would love to help you with your tour to South Africa!!!! Really excited to see you guys next week...

MSB said...

I tried three times earlier and it wouldn't let me comment...
Happy Birthday!!
I called and left a message... talk to you soon. Love ya.

Childress Family said...

Happy Birthday a few days late! You guys are coming here??

Anonymous said...

hey hun...its anne. Hope you got my bday message! I would 2nd your master list...those are great goals
love ya...

The Bellard Family said...

Happy Birthday!
Hope all is well!
Rach

Anonymous said...

You should check out www.compassion.com for info on supporting a child in another country. We've been doing it for a while now and it is so touching to receive letters from our little girl. It will be especially cool when you have kids because they can get in on the fun and send pictures too! :)